- Faculty Research Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Graduate Dissertation Fellowships
- Marilyn Yalom Research Fund
- Marjorie Lozoff Graduate Prize
- Myra Strober Prize
- Susan Heck Summer Internship
You are here
We offer Stanford Faculty Research Fellowships to Stanford faculty who are Members of the Academic Council or Members of the Medical Center Line, who are also Faculty Affiliates of the Clayman Institute. Up to twelve awards are available each academic year. We welcome fellowship applications from current Stanford scholars in all disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, science and engineering, business, law, and medicine. Possible faculty fellow research topics of particular interest to the Clayman Institute include (but are not limited to):
- The gender division of household labor
- Families & women's careers: the 2nd shift, opting out, on-ramping, and flexible schedules
- Representations of women in culture and history
- Gender stereotyping & bias in the workplace
- Gendered meanings and practices at work and home
- Women's experiences in male-dominated fields, such as science and engineering
- Gendered innovations in knowledge: bringing gender analysis into the practice of science
- Gender and culture in history or literature
- Advancing women's progress in the professions of business, medicine, and law
- Historical and cross-national comparisons of women's educational and occupational progress
- Effects of legal mandates (such a Title IX and FMLA) on women's careers
- National policies, organizational polices, and work-family balance: what works?
- Men's involvement in gender equality movements
- Gender, leadership, and entrepreneurship
Applications are submitted by Interfolio (see link below) and should include the following two items:
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages
- A proposal of no more than 1,000 words stating the purpose to which you plan to apply the funds
Only complete applications will be considered; other supporting papers will not be reviewed. Please submit your application online via the link below.
The Clayman Institute is committed to the principle of equal opportunity, and fair and open competition. Note only current Stanford faculty are eligible. We do not offer faculty fellowships for non-Stanford faculty.
Applications accepted Oct 1, 2016 through Jan 19, 2017
Please direct any questions regarding the Clayman Institute Faculty Research Fellowship process to Wendy Skidmore, Fellowship Manager.