- Faculty Research Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Graduate Dissertation Fellowships
- Marilyn Yalom Research Fund
- Marjorie Lozoff Graduate Prize
- Myra Strober Prize
You are here
We offer Stanford Faculty Research Fellowships to Members of the Academic Council and Members of the Medical Center Line in the Stanford faculty, who are also Faculty Affiliates of the Clayman Institute. Up to twelve awards are available each academic year. We welcome fellowship applications from scholars in all disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, science and engineering, business, law, and medicine. Possible faculty fellow research topics of particular interest to the Clayman Institute include (but are not limited to):
- The gender division of household labor
- Families & women's careers: the 2nd shift, opting out, on-ramping, and flexible schedules
- Representations of women in culture and history
- Gender stereotyping & bias in the workplace
- Gendered meanings and practices at work and home
- Women's experiences in male-dominated fields, such as science and engineering
- Gendered innovations in knowledge: bringing gender analysis into the practice of science
- Gender and culture in history or literature
- Advancing women's progress in the professions of business, medicine, and law
- Historical and cross-national comparisons of women's educational and occupational progress
- Effects of legal mandates (such a Title IX and FMLA) on women's careers
- National policies, organizational polices, and work-family balance: what works?
- Men's involvement in gender equality movements
- Gender, leadership, and entrepreneurship
Applications are submitted by email and should include the following two items:
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages
- A proposal of no more than 1,000 words stating the purpose to which you plan to apply the funds
Only complete applications will be considered; other supporting papers will not be reviewed. Please submit your application online.
The Clayman Institute is committed to the principle of equal opportunity, and fair and open competition.
Application Deadline – January 16, 2015
Please direct any questions regarding the Clayman Institute Faculty Research Fellowship process to Wendy Skidmore, Fellowship Manager.