- Faculty Research Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
- Graduate Dissertation Fellowships
- Marilyn Yalom Research Fund
- Marjorie Lozoff Graduate Prize
- Myra Strober Prize
- Susan Heck Summer Internship
You are here
1. What is the deadline for application and how do I apply?
The application deadline is January 19, 2017, 9:00 PM PST.
Applications are submitted online. Apply here.
2. How many fellowships are given each year?
Up to twelve awards are available each academic year.
3. Do you offer a research fund?
Yes. Each fellowship is worth up to $7,500. Two fellowships will be supported by the Iris F. Litt, M.D. Fund and are intended primarily for faculty in the medical and biological life sciences. Stanford Faculty Research Fellowship funds must be applied to research-related activities; and the research must have a clear gender component. The award is not intended to cover Summer Quarter salary or to fund capital equipment purchases.
4. What are the eligibility requirements?
Members of the Academic Council and Members of the Medical Center Line in the Stanford faculty, who are also Faculty Affiliates of the Clayman Institute, may apply. All disciplines and fields of research are eligible.
5. Do you accept independent scholars?
No. The Clayman Institute is unable to sponsor affiliation with Stanford University; nor is the Clayman Institute able to offer office space, library cards, or administrative support to visiting scholars.
Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded to recent Ph.D.'s whose research focuses on gender are eligible. Please see Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
6. What constitutes gender research? Is my research applicable?
Please carefully review the Stanford Faculty Research Fellowships description to gain further clarity about the scope of the fellowship program.
7. If the subject of my work is female, does that constitute gender research?
Not necessarily. Working with female subjects by itself does not constitute gender research. Please carefully review the Stanford Faculty Research Fellowships description to gain further clarity about the scope of the fellowship program.
8. How will I know that my online application has been received?
You will receive an auto-reply after submission letting you know that your application has been received. You must ensure that your application is complete; you will not be notified otherwise. Please carefully review the application requirements before submission.
9. When will I be notified of an award?
Fellowship awards will be announced in April 2017.
10. What if I plan to travel during my fellowship year? Is this allowed?
We request that you regularly attend the Stanford Faculty Research Fellowship lunch seminars. Please arrange your travel so that it does not significantly impact on your attendance at these interdisciplinary luncheon discussions. Faculty must be present at Stanford Fall, Winter and Spring quarters to be eligible. If you will not be on campus during those quarters, we ask you to consider applying when you know you will be at Stanford for the academic year.
11. To whom may I direct general questions?
We encourage you to review this section of FAQ's and to carefully read through the Stanford Faculty Research Fellowships section of our website. Additional questions can be addressed to Fellowship Manager, Wendy Skidmore.