The Clayman Institute for Gender Research creates knowledge and translates research into action for gender equality. As the pioneering gender research institute in the United States, we have been conducting innovative and ground-breaking gender research since 1974. We ask big questions to further equality and incubate initiatives to create change.
The Clayman Institute for Gender Research is seeking an Event Coordinator. The Event Coordinator will work under general supervision of the Director of Programs to coordinate in person, hybrid, and virtual Clayman Institute events by working with a large variety of stakeholders. Events may include book talks, fireside chats, keynote lectures, panel discussions, advisory council meetings, artist’s salons, lunches, receptions, conferences, staff gatherings, and more.
The Event Coordinator will receive strategic direction from leadership on event plans and work to execute those plans in collaboration with the larger Clayman Institute team. Job duties include researching options and arranging venues, catering, A/V, video, photography, parking, speaker travel, speaker gifts, and more. The Event Coordinator will create event promotion materials, promote events across a variety of channels, manage registration and registrant communications, set up and run Zoom webinars, track event budgets closely, prepare event materials, and manage student workers as needed.
This is a 60% FTE, continuing, non-exempt position. This position will be based on the Stanford campus and will be considered for an option of telecommuting (hybrid of working on-site and off-site), subject to operational need.
Additional core duties:
- Support the design, planning, implementation, and coordination of Stanford events.
- Contribute to vendor and site selection, arrangements, and scheduling.
- Coordinate event registration and confirmations.
- Process purchase requisitions and invoices; track event expenses.
- Provide general administrative assistance for department; handle phone calls, emails, and other correspondence relating to event(s).
- Liaise with donors, alumni, senior staff, faculty, trustees, and other staff.
- Coordinate facility, exhibit set-up, equipment, and catering requirements. Provide on-site support, such as check-ins, directions, equipment set-up, and event parking.
- Run database lists, and communicate registration status, reports, and data.
See Stanford Careers for the full posting and application instructions