Application opens December 1, 2021
Deadline for submissions is January 6, 2022
1. STATEMENT OF INTEREST: In 500 words or less, explain your general interest in becoming a postdoctoral fellow at the Clayman Institute:
2. SHORT QUESTIONS: In 150 words or less per question, please answer:
- If you are selected, what would your plans be in your first year as a Clayman Institute postdoctoral fellow?
- If you are selected, what would be your longer-term career plans be after finishing your Clayman Institute postdoctoral fellowship?
3. OPINION PIECE: In 300 words or less, select a gender-focused current event and, using research, formulate an opinion piece. Make an argument for the way the general public should think about the event or issue you selected. Applicants should be able to make their research-based point succinctly and without supporting documentation. The successful candidate will adhere to the maximum 300 word limit. This piece should be single space paragraphs only. At the top of your opinion piece list only your initials and total number of words.
4. DISSERTATION RESEARCH SUMMARY: In 1000 words or less, single-spaced and including all notes and bibliography, provide a summary of your dissertation.
5. CV: Provide a curriculum vitae of no more than 5 pages.
6. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION - SEMI-FINALISTS ONLY
Two letters of recommendation will be requested only from those candidates who move to semi-finalist status. Instructions for how to submit letters of recommendation will be provided directly to semi-finalists in mid-February 2022.
Applications must be submitted through our online application.
Applications are due January 6, 2022 by 11:59 PM Eastern time (8:59 PM Pacific time).
No exceptions will be made for late submissions. Please note the application closes at 8:59 PM Pacific time, not midnight Pacific time.
Please address any questions regarding the Clayman Institute postdoctoral application process to Wendy Skidmore, Fellowship Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions