Application opens December 1, 2020
Deadline for submissions is January 7, 2021
1. STATEMENT OF INTEREST: In 500 words or less, explain your general interest in becoming a postdoctoral fellow at the Clayman Institute:
2. SHORT QUESTIONS: In 150 words or less per question, please answer:
- If you are selected, what would your plans be in your first year as a Clayman Institute postdoctoral fellow?
- If you are selected, what would be your longer-term career plans be after finishing your Clayman Institute postdoctoral fellowship?
3. OPINION PIECE: In 300 words or less, select a gender-focused current event and, using research, formulate an opinion piece. Make an argument for the way the general public should think about the event or issue you selected. Applicants should be able to make their research-based point succinctly and without supporting documentation. The successful candidate will adhere to the maximum 300 word limit. This piece should be single space paragraphs only. At the top of your opinion piece list only your initials, degree discipline and total number of words.
4. DISSERTATION RESEARCH SUMMARY: In 1000 words or less, single-spaced and including all notes and bibliography, provide an abstract that summarizes your dissertation.
5. CV: Provide a curriculum vitae of no more than 5 pages.
6. LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
Two letters of recommendation. Confidential letters of recommendation are submitted via AcademicJobsOnline. Remember to hit the "Submit" button after your letters have been uploaded by faculty to have the letter sent to the Clayman Institute.
Please submit only two letters of recommendation. Only your first two letters submitted will be considered.
Applicants using Interfolio for submission of their letters of recommendation should use these guidelines from AcademicJobsOnline to upload their letters.
For letter writers: for assistance with submitting letters of recommendation through AcademicJobsOnline, use this link to their "Reference Writer FAQ."
Applications must be submitted through our online application.
Applications are due January 7, 2021 by 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time.
No exceptions will be made for late submissions.
Please address any questions regarding the Clayman Institute postdoctoral application process to Wendy Skidmore, Fellowship Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions